Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Florida Fun

Well, we all arrived in Florida safely last week after an exhausting 12 hours of traveling with two children, 7 checked bags, 4 bags of carry-on luggage, and a double-jogging stroller. It was fun. Actually, the kids did great & slept most of the way with Alaska Airlines doing well with good service the entire way...much smoother trip than anticipated.

Since back at Florida, we have been seeing all of our families before I go up to Panama City tomorrow. As of yesterday, I think we have finally made all the "rounds." Trinity & Jack love it here and have been outside every day not able to get enough playtime under the 90 degree sunshine. I think it will be difficult for Trinity to leave in December!

I have begun a new hobby since arriving with some interest in R/C Planes. I couldn't start out with the slow beginner Cessna, but had to go with the F-27B military style plane that can go nearly 50 mph. I fly fighters...should have no problem, right? I have had two outings so far:

- First one with 4 flights (3/4 ending in crashes). The first two crashes weren't bad, a poor hand launch right off the bat, then a hard landing followed by a good landing. But, the final crash was a head-on collision with a tree trunk going about 20 mph. Oops. End of that day with repairs needed.

- Second flight just happened this morning (1/1 ending in spectacular crash). It was going great after reading up online about how to improve upon some lessons I learned the first time. Unfortunately, I am a fighter pilot and felt after 4 minutes of flying that I needed to make it more exciting. After a simple roll, I lost the orientation on my plane and did a spiral dive into the roof of the park restrooms breaking every piece of plastic off the plane. Oops. End of day two with repairs needed. Luckily she still runs fine, but I need to do some gluing.

Time to pack up for Tyndall...again.

No comments: