Monday, July 2, 2007

Pictures Added

Well, over on the left side are some links to our online picture album. I've uploaded 3 sets of pictures so far. One cool thing you can do in the album is click "view map." That will show you exactly where I took the picture!! Pretty sweet. The first is of our camping/hiking trips this summer in Alaska. They are self-explanatory. The 2nd was just taken yesterday of the 1st King Salmon I caught just before filleting it at the house.

As mentioned in the previous post...I was going fishing that evening and the Lord provided me with an awesome fish. We were at Sheep Creek and it was about 1:00 am (and twilight) when I hooked it. Immediately the line took off...so I slowly tightened the drag up being careful not to let the line break. After reeling him close to the bank, he took off again across the stream. This happened twice more (and many jumps out of the water later) before I finally brought him in. I knew then that this King was the best fish I had ever caught. Oh...and I caught a rainbow trout for the first time prior to the King. That is one beautiful little fish (but felt like a minnow on a King pole).

The 3rd set of pics so far is from my final("fini") flight in the F-15C on the 22nd of June. It was a glorious flight and many Alaska mountains enjoyed the sounds of the Eagle as we passed by. After landing and taxiing back to park, the family and squadron was there to greet me. Then the tradition of spaying down the pilot with Champagne and H2O commenced. It was a great memory, but bittersweet. The Eagle is a phenomenal aircraft and I REALLY enjoyed flying it. Everyone says "yeah, but the F-22." Well...it will be different and I am VERY excited/blessed to have an opportunity to fly it. I compare it to a brand new corvette (someday maybe it will happen) where as the Eagle will always feel like my first '68 Mustang (unforgettable & first time accomplishing a real goal).

Wow...long post. I guess I need to get back to work, obviously have too much time on my hands now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are the cutest family! All SMILES!!! Your pictures are swesome...GREAT fish! Michael is a fly/regular fisherman, Maybe he can take you out when your here! Id LOVE to have you ALL over to eat one night if possible! Please let me know!!!! Love, Thais:)